You probably have costly valuables, family heirlooms, and other precious objects you would love to keep for years to come, so how to prevent your house from being burglarized?
Well, the best way to safeguard your home from burglars is to call a professional locksmith in North London and ask them to install a home security system. Just having a security sign in your can yard can be a deterrent, but having a full system in place is more useful. For instance, if an alarm goes off when your window or door opens, possibilities are low that a burglar will continue breaking into your home. With advanced security cameras in place, you can keep an eye on your house from anywhere with a live video feed to your mobile device, letting you & the security company to respond fast if there is a break-in.
You can try these below mentioned tips as well:
- Install a steel security door and ensure you lock it, even if you are just having fun in your backyard with kids.
- Don’t leave your pet door unlocked when you are not home
- Discover a good hiding place for your spare key
- Keep your valuables in a safe & never leave the safe by a window
- Double check your windows on a regular basis to ensure they are locked
- Keep your garage doors locked
- Put a “Beware of Dog” sign even if you don’t own a pet
- Fit motion activated lights all through your property
- Secure your window air-conditioner
- Don’t give intruders a place to escape – steer clear of shrubs close to your home
- Change the locks instantly if you have just moved into a new home
Are you going on a vacation? Please take these additional precautions:
- Fix timers for the lights in your home
- Appoint a house sitter or ask a friend to stop by regularly
- Have the post office hold your mail
- Don’t publish holiday pictures on social media until you get back
Thinking of somebody breaking into your house can be frightening, but the more sheltered your home looks to be, the less likely an intruder is going to take an interest in your property. Whether it is double checking your doors and windows or just being a bit quieter regarding your vacation, considering a few safety measures can go a long way in keeping your house & valuables safe.
Before leaving for a vacation feel free to appoint one of our locksmiths in North London and let him go through your existing security and advocate if any update required. Call First 4 Locksmiths now!